Since our official founding in 1996, VII Corps Desert Storm Veterans Association has gathered annually to foster camaraderie between Desert Storm vets and our families, to preserve our shared memories, and to honor those who did not return home from the desert with us.
General Membership Meeting
On Saturday morning, the VII Corps DSVA board will lead a general membership meeting. All members of the Association are encouraged to attend and participate.
Each reunion weekend includes a Memorial Service during which we honor our 111 fallen soldiers by reading their names aloud.
The Memorial Service is followed by a Reunion Dinner. Over the years we have been fortunate to have many distinguished Soldiers and leaders who served with us or were key to the success of Operation Desert Storm. Speakers at our Reunion dinners have included:
- Former President George H. W. Bush
- Former Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney
- Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Colin Powell
- Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey
- General Dave McKiernan
- General Ray Odierno
- Our own General Fred Franks
- Army Chief of Staff General Eric Shinseki
- Vice Chief of Staff of the Army General Jack Keane
- Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. Dailey
Subordinate level units have been encouraged to have gatherings / unit events to welcome individuals and re-establish connections with those whom they served with. We are in the process of identifying Coordinators for each major subordinate unit(s) of which more details will follow.